Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Just Catching Up...and a vent

Hi there! I am officially out of my "funk" and am feeling rather upbeat and spunky - back to my usual self...except when I'm premenstrual...but, that's a whole other post. I think I have really accepted this wait. Not that I am thrilled about it - but, maybe just come to terms with it. I just keep telling myself it's not a matter if if but when. And to be completely honest it wasn't the wait that put me in the funk - it was just the unknowns of it all. I found myself doubting - and then I realized (I am going to get all spiritual here) that there is a higher power in charge of this all - and I am not talking about the CCAA - He knows where my daughter is and He will get me to her when the time is right. I just wish I could see when that is going to be - but, I've accepted the fact that I can't and I will just keep forging ahead and living life - not just living it, but loving it too. I would hate to look back on this wait and realized I wasted a butt-load of time feeling sorry for myself. So...I'm back.

I've also realized that this blog is going to be my journal for A to read someday. It will not mean anything to her if I only post every two weeks or month - I mean - how will she know how I felt on the day she was born if I didn't write about my day that day. This blog needs to be for her as well as for me. So, a new goal - to post everyday and get back in the groove. I need to set aside blog-time each day and just write. There may be posts that I don't want her to read - that's the power of blog - I will just delete it - she doesn't need to know what a moron her mom can be.

We have officially started on our addition - they poured the footings yesterday and should be doing the floor joyces (sp?) and framing next week. I am getting excited. But, I still have this enormous bug to move. I have been dragging John and the boys from house to house and neighborhood to neighborhood - driving them all stark raving mad. It has nothing to do right now with my home. I love my home...and I know I will even more once our addition is finished. It's "this couple" near me. I am going out on a limb here even writing this because I know some of our mutual friends know my blog - who knows if they even read it - but, at this point I could really care less. I have to vent and I will vent here. John is exhausted from all of my boobing and so is my mom. I won't go into any particular details. But, it is so sad to me and has hurt me beyond I can express how destructive people can be to my children, my friendships and to be honest, my self-esteem. I have watched my E be excluded - which brings out the meanest bear in me - don't mess with my kids - there will be hell to pay. I have friends - well, who I thought were friends - sit and listen and not defend me and my husband, and I have had this particular couple talk behind my back and literally treat me like sh**. I do not have the personality to confront them - I have willingly called myself a spine-less wimp. Maybe I need to change that part of me and just confront them - but, then I wonder if it would do any good. So, then the most "logical" thing to do would be to move and run away from it all - terribly mature, I know. So, maybe once this addition is done we will put our house for sale and move - but, maybe by then everything will be fine and I will feel better about things. I told John I will give it 6 months or so and see where we're at...we agreed on that.

I have realized that I am a HUGE fan of Nacho Libre - don't ask me why - it really is such a stupid movie - but it cracks me up terribly - every time I see it it get funnier and funnier...who knew I would be a fan of Jack Black?? O can sing this song word for word - which is perhaps the cutest thing ever - he even does the actions. I need to film him and let you all see it -talk about cute...anyhoo - watch Jack sing this song at least 3 times - you'll laugh even harder each time. :)



I am on a HUGE organizing and cleaning spree in my house - I bought the book House Works - K - this book is AWESOME. Sincerely. It has the best ideas - that truly work. I have gone from room - to - room organizing and got myself on a cleaning system. She even has ideas for kids (and hubs) to get involved - she says they have to in order for a household to work -it is SO true. We've had some griping and some complaining - but, soon the system will be habit and it just works. I love, love, love it.

Lola is still not potty-trained and neither is O...it is driving me out 0f my mind. Lola is stuck in the kitchen at all times and O is still in pull-ups...any advice here would be great. I am tired. Lola will not "go" on the kitchen floor - which is why she is stuck there - but, I really want her to be able to be "in" the whole house...how do I do this??? And, I have potty-trained 2 other boys by the age of 2 1/2...O will be 3 in just a month or so and he is so not close. It's like he just doesn't care. He knows when he needs to go - I totally know he is ready is is just the most stubborn kid - I am ripping my hair out here...

Anyhoo - there is the latest in my little world...I am off to visit your blogs - which I do most days anyway - but, today I will begin to finally comment again - Goodbye bogger funk!!!

8 comments:

t~ said...

Glad your back! I missed your posts! First I say sell the house and move to Flordia, bad neighbors suck. There's a big ol' empty house right next to me for sale.

I feel the same way about my blog, I just keep blogging so that I will be able to look back on it after I have baby N and know exactly what was going on in our lives during her first year.

Nothing better than an organized home!

I felt the same way about my "Dancing W" video I posted. The DH asked me how many times I was going to watch it and I responded back, "until I can watch it and no longer laugh." It just kept getting funnier!

Sarah's proud Mama said...

Welcome back! Glad things are going better for you!
Robin

Andrea said...

Who is picking on your boys?? I will have to come an beat them up for you. Devin and I were very impressed by them, you and J. have done a wonderful job raising them. I am glad to see your update! Hope to talk to you soon!

Shandra said...

Glad you are back! About poty training get a crate for Lola and I have no clue about little O..good luck

redmaryjanes said...

I have missed you my friend! Nacho Libre no way! I'll have to watch that again. We have it on dvd. I remember totally busting up over the corn cob scene. It sounds like you have some interesting things going on at your house!

Steffie B. said...

Glad you are back...as far as the kids....I always say that if you mess with my kids that I am the Lioness from he**! You'd better buckle up if you want to go down this road with me! lol Hope the addition goes well. Keep us updated!

Lisa and Tate said...

Glad you are out of the funk....

Advise for the friend thingy... Just weigh how important this friendship is and if it is even worth the breath and stress to confront... If they cannot play nice, don't play with them.

I will have to check out the Movie!!!

Hugs
Lisa

Daniella said...

Glad your back.. I hate bad neighbors - we have them and it really stinks!