Wednesday, August 15, 2007

1 Year


Today is our 1 year LID anniversary. It is hard for me to believe it has been 12 months. In some ways it has flown by - in others, time seems at a standstill. I am strangely at peace lately. This wait is hard, but, I believe I've accepted it. I've thought a lot about my daughter (I always do), but, she is constantly on my mind lately. I feel so close to her and connected with her. I pray that these feelings will just intensify when she is finally comes home and grows into womanhood. I ache for a daughter. I am very close to all of my sons, but, I ache to feel that closeness with my daughter too. I haven't started her room yet. It's not that I haven't wanted to, it's just that I haven't made the time. Her closet is exploding with "stuff"...clothes, bedding, shoes. Her crib is in our office waiting to be moved upstairs and put together. But, I'm not planning on doing anything right now. It will all sit in boxes, on hangers with tags on until the time is right. But, today, for now, she will live in my heart.
I love you baby.

15 comments:

TBG Happenings said...

Getting closer everyday! happy 1 year LID Tawni.

Miss ya!

maryellen

Special K said...

Hang in. We'll get there eventually.

Happy 1 Year!

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Congrat on 1 year down!

Catherine said...

Congrats on being 1 year closer to your sweet daughter! What an wonderful thing to celebrate!

It WILL happen sweet friend. In God's perfect time it will.

Until then we wait and plan and shop and enjoy precious friends we have made...while we wait!

Speaking of waiting...36 more sleeps! Wahoo!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Congrats on 1 year down Tawni. Here's hoping that the crib moves upstairs soon!

t~ said...

Happy one year down! I know your feelings and getting her room ready for her so soon was my big mistake. I want it all gone....
You'll know when the time is right. Glad you feel peace, it helps the wait go by faster.

xoxo

Michelle said...

One year behind you! Yeah!!!

Andrea said...

Happy 1 year, we need to go celebrate!!

Melissa said...

Hey LID sister! Can you believe we've made it to 1 year??!! I'm at a strange peace now too. . .if we've made it this long, we can make it til we hold our little girls in our arms. Go out and celebrate!!

Debbie said...

Happy 12 months!!! You will get there, just take it one step at a time!!!

Susie said...

Congrats my friend - we'll celebrate together.

Pug Mama said...

happy 12 months!

Special K said...

Congrats on this milestone!

C's Mom said...

Congrats on passing this milestone, Tawni. It seemed to get a bit easier for me after that anniversary passed by. I hope you experience the same.

kitchu said...

I'm late (was out of town) but Happy 12 my friend! That's one big accomplishment, and a whole year you will never have to repeat!