Tuesday, June 05, 2007

New Shoes

Hey, I put some new shoes on,
and suddenly everything is right,
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling,
it's so inviting,
Oh, short on money,
but long on time,
slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine,
and i'm running late,
and i don't need an excuse,
'cause i'm wearing my brand new shoes. (--Paolo Nutini)



After what seems to be another 6 day batch I am thinking a little shoe-therapy might do me some good. I am off to get me some Dansko's. I need a little pick-me-up anyway. I spent the weekend in bed with what I thought was a kidney stone - but, has seemed to slowly diminish into a dull lower back-ache. I should probably go to the dr. - but, really, who wants to go to the dr with a 3 year old - really. We moved all of our furniture downstairs because our contractor was going to knock out our walls - which hasn't happened. So, we are living with what can be microwaved and served on paper plates. We have a card-table and some folding chairs - we're livin' like rock stars (hey, I did look like Rod Stewart for a while...if the shoe fits). Tonight the wind is blowing so hard - I think we might end up in Kansas...but, with the thought of new shoes...suddenly everything is right...

7 comments:

Andrea said...

If it blows, it will probably end up in my yard. I will save it for you! As for my crap, I guess I will have to look for it in West Valley or something. Good to see you are alive and kicking!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I LOVE getting new shoes! Enjoy your shopping!

Anonymous said...

When I think of "new shoes" I think of Twin Peaks. Leo (the bad guy) got injured and all he could say was "new shoes" in a high voice and drool.

Cute shoes!

Polar Bear said...

New shoes always do a body good! I like both of those.

Have fun! Can't wait to see what you get!

Shandra said...

Can we see the goods?

Daniella said...

New shoes always make me feel better -

t~ said...

Me luvs your shoes!

I'm cracking up with the same problem about 'needing' to go to the doctor and hauling all my kiddos in to an appt. Really....nobody wants to take a toddler to a dr. appt. If only the spouses could understand that pain. I get it.

Purchasing Crocs make me happy! I get that as well!