Monday, May 21, 2007

Think Blog Award



I've been meaning to do this for quite a while now. Tracy made me feel terribly good when she said that my blog made her think - or was it laugh? Whatever the reason - it made my day and it made me think... Anyway, the idea is to pass it along to 5 blogs that make me think. So, here goes:

My lil bro Brady is an amazing person. His blog makes me laugh and his comments on my blog never cease to crack me up. He is one of the funniest people I know and also one of the most creative people I know. He is a deep thinker and never gives himself enough credit for it. He is a tough guy, but at the same time in touch with his feminine side - and totally comfortable with that. He is an amazing writer and I keep telling him to get started on that novel - I know it will be a best seller. If you want a glimpse of what my baby bro is like - watch an episode of scrubs - J.D. is his brunette twin - I swear. I love you Brady.

Susie is the first adoptive mom I really connected with "live." We met on the APC board of all places, realized we lived within just a few minutes of each other, were going to have close LID and that was the start of our friendship. We met for lunch at Chick-Fil-A, let the kiddos played and talked for the longest time. We were friends from the minute we connected. Our LID's are only 5 days apart and will be in the same travel group when we finally pick our baby girls up . I truly don't believe we met by chance.

I found Tracy's blog one day, loved the fact that she had 3 boys as well (four counting our hubs), and I had an instant connection. I visit her blog everyday expecting the best and am never let down. Her blog has made me laugh, cry, left me speechless, inspired me and comforted me. This is my daily must read. I can't believe how much alike we are (I hope that doesn't scare you Tracy!). I really feel a true friendship with her and am so grateful we met in this wide world of blog.

Jen's blog gives me what I need to believe we are really going to bring our baby girl home. I love her posts. They are so real and so open. She is an amazing woman and Ebony is an amazing and beautiful baby girl. I look forward to her posts and her pictures. They honestly make this journey feel real...I don't know if that makes sense or not.

I love to visit Amy & David's blog, they are an incredible couple and so completely grounded. I have been inspired by them and their story. I love how open and candid they are in their posts. They are going to make incredible parents. I find myself going to their blog right after referrals come out to see what they are "thinking" and have felt some comfort through them.

Some people think I am wierd that I spend so much time blogging...but, honestly, look at what I would have missed out on had I not.

It's your turn - feel free to play along.

7 comments:

t~ said...

I think we are the first to nominate each other! It's gotta be the "all boy" thing we have going on...that and we both just like to laugh!

redmaryjanes said...

People think I'm a blogaholic too. But my friendships here are important to me and I'm willing to invest the time to keep them alive.

Susie said...

I missed posting about your previous post but...it is sooo true! People like those coaches sicken me and I think they need a good KITA! Some are so insensitive that it wouldn't even matter if their own kids were "benched." By the way thank's for nominating me. I think we have more of a friendship, than we are blogger buddies. I love getting together, talking on the phone and just plain hangin' out. Siezure soon!

Brady said...

Don't believe anything Tawni says, she is just being nice so I will burn her more CD's.

In all honesty, you are way too kind to me. I love you though, thanks for all your support, and most of all, your friendship.

Emmie said...

Congrats...you totally deserve it!

kitchu said...

Gotta agree with you about Amy and David, and they are even better in person!! I'll check out the other blogs too... and congrats to you!

Unknown said...

I love reading new blogs as you can tell..Thanks for posting

Amy
LID 4/23/07