Thursday, June 07, 2007

How Nice Is This???


OK - so I walked in the door from work today and was cleaning up my house when my doorbell rang. It was a girl in my neighborhood (she's in college and living at home for the summer) we've talked a few times and she's wanted to get together for a pedicure, but I've just been so busy - it hasn't worked out. Anyway, there she is at my door with a pair of jeans. She said she was at the mall and found them for a killer deal and decided to get me a pair...how nice is that???? She is really that sweet. There are such good hearted people in the world. It's not just the jeans that makes her nice - it is just who she is. She is kind and genuinely concerned about people. I know her parents very well and they are just like her. They are an amazing family. In this world of crime and hostility there is still good out there - all around us. It's in who we are and how we make others feel. My neighbor is one of those people who make this world a beautiful place. I think I am going to take her for a pedicure soon - the world needs pretty feet too. ;)
Updates: I told the hubs about this & he thinks it's wierd...is it wierd?? Nah...
I thought I had the music thing figured out - yah - no I didn't...I am such a blogger moron.

11 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I don't think it's weird at all. I think it's sweet, like you do!

Polar Bear said...

I think it is so sweet! What a terrific friend!

kitchu said...

Please... if there were more people like her in the world... can you imagine?

And I'm right there with you on being an inept blogger. I'll never get that music thing figured out!

Daniella said...

What a wonderful gesture and it's nice to see someone with good neighbors. Here, not so much - I could create a blog just for the street I live on - My family and friends refer to our street as Wisteria Lane - I really could write a book. Definitely go for that pedicure!

redmaryjanes said...

I don't have a clue about blog music either. I think it is wonderful that she thought of you and brought you some jeans.

t~ said...

Not weird at all, but how did she know your size? Jeans are so tricky to shop for! Do they really fit?

Melissa described the music well....goodluck! Once you get, you got it!

Shandra said...

Weird NO! wonderfully sweet.

Good taste too.

Emmie said...

I don't think it's weird at all! I think it's wonderful that you live around wonderful meighbors like that! We don't have many close friends in our neighborhood or many families with kids my age so I think it would be great!

Unknown said...

What a sweet thing to do!

Susie said...

Hey, call me and I'll walk you throught it (music). I need to meet this neighbor of yours too. Call me when you get the pedi's I need a good foot rub!

Steffie B. said...

I think it's sweet and a kind gesture.