Monday, June 11, 2007

A book and Audible


I have found a book that I love, love, love. It is not one that I would have ever picked on my own - thus, the love of Book Groups. It is a young adult read - and since most of the time I forget that I'm no longer 17 years old, I got totally into it from the beginning. I bought it and without knowing if I would like the first one I bought the second book. It is called Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. The second book is New Moon. I am hooked...rather, addicted to this series. The third book Eclipse is due out this August. I am a little annoyed at that. I haven't started the Harry Potter Series specifically so I don't have to wait for each book to come out. I never watch the TV show 24 during the season because I can't bear to wait week to week. I wait for it to come out on DVD and then watch it from start to finish in one weekend. So, now I am hooked on this series that I will have to wait at least 1 year in between each novel...it bites. Anyway - back to the book - I started to read the book I got totally engrossed in it. This is scary because when I get into a book I let everything else go in my life. My kids run around like maniacs through the streets, my home goes to shambles around me, laundry piles up, no one eats, I get sleep deprived...this is a slight exaggeration...but, honestly I have a hard time putting it down. We are in the middle of a remodel and moving out temporarily to my in-laws. I didn't have time to sit and read. So, I got online and found the site Audible and downloaded both books to my i-pod. This is the greatest invention EVER. Why hadn't I thought of this before? It is brilliance, I tell you! I have been SO productive. I've cleaned and packed my home, caught up on my laundry and finished the first book, and now am 1/2 way through the second. It's wierd though. I have this nagging thought in my head that I'm cheating - I'm not really reading the book, so it doesn't count. Seriously, who's gonna know??? And, honestly who's gonna care??? See, I do act 17...snort.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so proud of you!! You multi-tasker!! I am still trying to figure out my Ipod, so I am doubly impressed!!

Special K said...

You'll fail the final exam when the teacher asks about the conversation on page 93! LOL

Sounds like a great way to catch up on reading. I love books on CD while traveling in the car. Ijust have to "rewind" if my attention gets caught up in traffic or something.

redmaryjanes said...

I'll have to keep my eyes open for those books.

Anonymous said...

I love it! You're an inspiration to all!

Emmie said...

That sounds like a great idea. Enjoying yourself AND being productive! GO YOU! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting. i will look at them myself.

Unknown said...

Cool post!!! I love book recommendations

kitchu said...

I so love a good read like that! If I didn't have about 10 books in line already, I'd pick this up. My problem with listening to books is I often find my mind wandering. I have no attention span for listening to books. People, I can do. A taped book,no can.

Carla said...

LOOOOOVE these books. (I'm 33, btw)I couldn't put them down. I may even have t reread them, which I NEVER do. If you liked the first, you'll love the second. Thanks for passing on that there will be a third. krista's sis (miles2mia)